(No. 16 is shocking!)
How to get more website visitors is one of the most common questions we are asked. Actually, a better question to ask is “How can I convert more of my Website visitors”. Increasing your conversion rate from 1% to 2% is often much easier than doubling your website traffic and yet has the same effect. On our digital marketing plans we always make sure that the website is optimised for conversions first.
Did you know that at InSynch we have an intelligent database of over 600 digital marketing tactics we can use with clients?
Once your website is highly effective as converting customers, you still need to get visitors. Here are 21 proven ways to do just that.
- Optimise your website for the search engines – Probably the most cost-effective thing you can do to bring in more visitors and so often over looked
- Email marketing to existing customers – Increase the frequency of your emails to customers and make your emails very direct and to the point
- Start a Google Ads campaign – A sure fire way to get more traffic. Comes at a cost but if managed correctly can bring a fantastic return on investment
- Start a Microsoft Advertising campaign – Formally Bing Ads, most businesses forget that they can advertise on Bing so it is usually less competitive
- Build your email list with potential customers – Use incentives, giveaways, competitions and pop ups to drive up your email list numbers
- Run a Facebook Ads campaign – There are so many ad variations that here isn’t the place to go into it. Make sure you measure the performance of every advert though to find out specifically what you got for your money
- Link to your website from social media more often – Yes we know this hurts your reach but mix it up a bit and link to your site now and again, boosting those posts when you do. Adding a link to a Tweet makes it instantly more useful to the reader
- Add your business to Google My Business, Bing places and Apple maps – Most businesses do the Google version but don’t bother with the others
- Use your web address on messaging app auto replies – Drive people to your site when they message you through Facebook for example
- Use QR codes – making a QR code is simple. People are used to them more now with the NHS app scanning QR codes. Take advantage and use them on your literature and product labels
- Create content that people actually want to read – think about your customers and understand that 99% of the time they don’t want to buy from you. Entertain them, inform them, engage them
- Build inbound links – Look for quality, related websites that will exchange links with you
- Work on your blog headlines and email subjects – 8 out of 10 read a headline and 2 out of 10 click it. Use numbers, question marks and power words to improve engagement
- Put on talks or webinars – if you are an expert on your area of business, running Webinars is a great way to get engagement and ultimately traffic
- Check your Google Analytics – Specifically the Acquisition All Channels report. See where your visits are coming from right now. See what is working and do more of that
- Get off Twitter and go and hand some leaflets out in the street! – People spent so much time on social media and don’t even know if it is bringing business in. Sometimes good old fashioned paper based marketing can be effective if thrown into the mix
- Use the power word of mouth and get networking – There are networking groups everywhere you look. Give some a try and get your business name and website out there
- Send a press release – Local media are always looking for stories. Taking the time to get a press release issued will get you initial publicity and an article sit online for years giving you a traffic boost
- Change your website a little bit, every day – search engines love changing sites. Keep yours fresh with news and customer testimonials
- Start using video – Videos open up new marketing channels and advertising options to you such as Facebook Video Ad remarketing and YouTube Ads
- Leverage remarketing ads – Bring your visitors back. Most people visit a website several times before contacting or engaging with a business. Using remarketing ads on Facebook and Google to make sure it is your site they revisit!
Find our more about our Total Digital Marketing service that is transforming the marketing of hundreds of businesses.